Plan Your Portland Maine Fishing Trip Today
Cast out and hang on!
Boat Capacity: As with almost all sportfishing boats in the Portland Fleet, our maximum capacity is six passengers. This is due to Coast Guard licensing, not the size of the boat. If your party will be larger than six, we can put together a multi-boat trip to accommodate your needs. For shark charters and offshore ground fish charters, we urge a maximum of four passengers for comfort and due to the amount of gear we carry.
Three hours of fishing fun for all ages. We’ll head out and catch cod, mackerel, sculpin, redfish and pollock.
Striped bass and bluefish are a blast to catch and fight. First we’ll go jigging for mackerel, and then hit the hotspots
Drop a line and prepare to jig as we search for Maine’s tastiest ground fish. Dinner is only a few hundred feet deep!
Get ready for the most serious action Casco Bay has to offer. Battle powerful blue sharks, porbeagles, mako sharks and threshers.
Custom Fishing Charter Trips
At Fish Portland Maine, we are all about service. We would be pleased to put together a custom trip for you and your party. We can provide multi-boat trips, drop-offs to islands, shuttle services, ash-scatterings, film crew services and bachelor parties. In short, if it’s legal and involves a boat, we’re happy to help. Please contact us with any questions.
All gear and tackle provided. You are welcome to bring your favorite rod and reel! Water, coffee and light refreshments provided. More substantial meals can be arranged and provided for an extra cost. 50% Deposit due at time of booking with remainder due at end of trip. 14-day cancellation minimum in order to receive refund, unless we can re-book your trip. Light rain/drizzle will not cancel trip, but unsafe/uncomfortable conditions will be grounds for cancellation. Captain will determine conditions. Full refund of deposit if trip is cancelled due to inclement weather/dangerous conditions.
Drop us a line!
contact us to experience the best off-shore fishing in maine!
- Family Fun and Sight Seeing
- Striped Bass
- Ground Fish
- Shark/Shark Groundfish
* half day & full day fishing trips available
Some Rules and Recommendations:
- Bring sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses and layers of clothing. The temperature at sea is rarely the same as it is on land! We fish in light drizzle, so bring a rain coat if the weather is threatening. If you are prone to sea sickness, please consult your doctor and bring recommended medication.
- We want everyone to have fun, but please, limit alcoholic beverage intake while aboard. Any indication of intoxication on the part of any member of your party will result in immediate return to port with no refund.
- Illegal drugs of any kind are strictly prohibited. Please do not even bring them aboard. Discovery of any illegal substance will result in immediate return to port with no refund. ***The U.S. Coast Guard considers “medicinal marijuana” an illegal drug on-board charter boats, even with a prescription. Regardless of state law, even medicinal forms of marijuana are not allowed aboard.
- Please come prepared to have fun aboard the Fly By Night! While biased, we believe the Coast of Maine is the most beautiful place in the world. If there’s anything we can do to make your trip more special, please feel free to ask!